Monday, June 3, 2013 at 1:00 pm
At the Lanesboro Sales Commission
Thank you for visiting our website.
Sunnyslope, the farm my great-grandfather established in 1863, has been producing registered purebred Black Angus cattle since 1898. In recent years, progeny from this herd have included S S Traveler 6807 T510 and his son, Objective, a rare bull who sired the 4th most registered progeny in 2008, the 3rd most registered progeny in 2009 and the 2nd most registered progeny in 2010. In 2011, he was 5th for registered progeny and now is the 8th leading sire for all time in registered progeny with 31,362. Even today, no other bull matches the combination of numbers he has for $W, $F & $G. With over 21,400 weaning weights check out this sire’s numbers.
Our breeding program concentrates on two factors:
- We listen to what the industry communicates.
- We listen to what the customer wants.
The first Sunnyslope bulls to receive national attention included:
- S S Rito 8221 X01 (Reg. No. 9826213), also known as Super X was the lead bull in our 1981 sale. His full sister, Miss Rito 8221 X21 (Reg. No. 10233449), was the dam of S S Miss Power Play 4A4 (Reg. No. 10599987). 4A4 was the dam of S S Traveler 6T6 (Reg. No. 10889102).
- S S Rito 0715 0H3 (Reg. No. 9826164), also known as The Mathematician, was intended to be the second bull in our 1981 sale, but a hoof injury sidelined him. He became a clean-up bull in our program, and when he was about ten-years-old, he entered Genetic Horizons. The Mathematician sired CSU 3 Bar Rito 1130, the bull who sired the first straight-bred Angus steers to win the Great Western Beef Expo. The Mathematician is also in the pedigrees of T510, Objective, and 2T22, all calving ease sires with low birth EPDs.
- S S Traveler 6T6 (Reg. No. 10889102), also known as 6T6, sold in our 1987 production sale to the Millers of Viewlawn Farms of Mabel, MN. He entered ABS and sired OSU 6T6 Ultra, the 1995 National Western Grand Champion Angus Bull. 6T6 was one of the bulls featured in Angus Legends by Tom Burke, Kurt Schaff, and Rance Long—a study of the 165 most influential bulls in Angus history. He was the paternal grandsire of BT Ultravox, the maternal grandsire of Twin Valley Precision E161, and he appears in the pedigree of B R Midland.
One of our greatest joys is seeing our customers have success with their breeding programs!